Choose Courage Over Comfort
Instead of writing you a long post today, I am going to work on a section of my book that I have been putting off… for a long time.
Let’s get real. I’ve been procrastinating.
Are you procrastinating on anything?
Some of the reasons for my procrastination are (and maybe you can relate):
- I’m still a long way away from completing this project, so any work I do right now will only feel like a tiny dent.
- I don’t really know where this all will lead anyway.
- My ideas might be really stupid after all.
- Writing is hard and tedious.
- I generally don’t ‘feel’ like working on it.
- It’s much easier to work on the design for our new website.
- It’s even easier to just go work out.
- After I finish it, the real work begins.
- What if people think my ideas, strike that, what if people think I am dumb.
- I’m scared.
- It’s hard.
Feel me? But I am going to go do it anyway. Like, right after I finish these next few sentences. I’m going to choose courage. Pinky swear.
Perhaps YOU are putting off doing something you really need to do.
So instead you do other things.
Perhaps YOU have some similar reasons for your procrastination. These and derivatives of these thoughts are the most common reasons we put off doing what’s important.
So maybe, just today, you will join me in doing the thing you have been putting off instead of saying yes to everything else BUT that.
Whaddya say? Are you ready to choose courage over comfort?
If you want some accountability, come on over to the blog and leave a comment.
Let me know what you are going to do today INSTEAD of the thing that is easier, comfortable and predictable.
Choose courage over comfort. (TWEET THIS)
(Wise words from Brené Brown) Let’s do this.
See the Comments
29 Responses to Choose Courage Over Comfort